Creamy Potato Salad
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon bits
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄4cups salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 hardboiled egg, coarsely chopped
Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain well.
Peel and cube potatoes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add celery, onion, sweet relish and bacon bits. Combine mayo, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, mustard, and salt. Add mayo mixture to potatoes.
Toss lightly to coat potato mixture. Carefully fold in the chopped eggs. Cover and chill thoroughly.
Bacon bit tip: Partially freeze your package of bacon. Use a sharp knife and cut the frozen bacon into long strips about 1/4 inch wide. Turn the bacon and cut the strips into pieces also about 1/4 in wide. You now have perfect raw bacon pieces to fast fry. No need to separate. They will separate during cooking. Perfect bacon bits.