Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour – have some extra for rolling
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 to 8 tablespoon cold water
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell or homemade crust
- 1 cup Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a mixer, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
Combine pumpkin, sugar, egg, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl, mix well. Spread over the bottom of the pie shell.
Cook for 15 minutes. Lower Temperature to 350°F.
Combine the corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract, the same bowl, mix well. Spread over the pumpkin.
Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.